Friday 22 October 2010

Wedding woe*

Who would be
A bride today
With all the fuss and stress

Family guests
Who do nothing more
Than bitch about the dress

With parents who
invited Aunty Jane
to come from Timbuktu

Don't seat her there
Can you imagine the looks
Between her and Aunty Sue?

There is family small
and family large
Look there is Cousin Dick

Oh my Gods
There is Little Maisie
I think she's going to be sick!

The band I think
Are all of key
I think the singer must be drunk

They were booked as Celtic
But I think they are playin
Some Philadelphia Funk

Thank goodness for that
No one has noticed
I think it's time we disappear

We'll sneak away
Before they see us
And live happy  many a year.





* this was written for a dear friend Geraldine who was getting married and was spending way too much time worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment